Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Have comics ruined my appreciation of fine art?

Why is it, that instead of this:
http://www.artchive.com/artchive/M/michelangelo/pieta.jpg.html

I think of this:


Especially when I do this:


Oh, the inanity. Anyway, I just wanted to get that one out there, since I'm thankful for a life I really, really didn't see coming; with a good family, a non-crushing job, and my biggest complaint is usually 'that comic sucked.' And I'm posting today since tomorrow I could very well be asleep, or crying off a Cowboys loss.

Incidentally, I'm going to my wife's parents' for Thanksgiving; and last year I watched the game by myself while the rest of the extended family watched the Tom Cruise War of the Worlds. Savages.

Memo to self: Replace that tiny Crisis #7 thumbnail, as soon as you find your copy of that issue, or comics.org is working again.

1 comment:

SallyP said...

Heh heh. I love the old "stiff as a board Toddler" ploy. They are also good at going limp when crossing the street. Nevertheless have a lovely Thanksgiving.

I do understand your feeling about fine art and comics. I personally can no longer hear Flight of the Valkyries, without immediately thinking "Kill the wabbit".