Thursday, July 05, 2007

At long last, Thursday Night Thinking!
Cap's Kickass 101 class is about to begin.
Geez. I've been meaning to get in on Diamondrock's Thursday Night Thinking for a while, but I usually write Thursday's post on Wednesday. Fortunately, the Fourth delayed me, and I found a suitably patriotic batch of thoughts.

When he was writing Captain America, at one point Mark Waid said he tended to not use thought balloons for Cap, because Cap would be one step ahead of him. (I'm paraphrasing a bit!) Jack Kirby had a ton of thought balloons for Cap in his solo run on the book, but in these two he lets the S.H.I.E.L.D. S.W.A.T. T.E.A.M. (O.K., I'm done with that) do the thinking.
Still my first choice for Cap's replacement.  Just throwing it out there.
And there's nothing wrong with checking out what the Falcon's thinking. In fact, the Falcon probably has the more important part of the mission in this one, from Captain America #200, "Dawn's Early Light!" Edited, written and drawn by Jack Kirby, inks by Frank Giacoia.

Just for good measure: I haven't done Thursday Night Thinking before, and am about to work on a Friday Night Fight, but I get vaguely worried that I'll post something someone else has already done. Better. With better scans. And photoshop. So, figured I better throw in a spare:
Just looking for panels with thinking, made me think caption boxes are way overused.
From Nightcrawler #4, "The Wizard of Oops!" Written and pencilled by Dave Cockrum, inks by Josef Rubinstein. Think, then act! Or think and act, tough to say. Seeing thought balloons again makes me think only Deadpool should be allowed caption boxes...

No comments: