Saturday, November 03, 2007

Out of office. Maybe.
Maybe magnetic eyes and mouth, like a Mr. Toaster-Head? I'd buy that.

From the back cover of Stray Toasters #3, art by Bill Sienkiewicz. One of my favorites of his work, I had a toaster for a number of years with little cardstock eyes and growly mouth, which was probably a fire hazard no matter how much I loved it or had to explain why my toaster was so angry.

Anyhoo...out of office, yesterday, which was pretty much just because I was watching movies (Hostel 2, then I let the Oldest watch the last half of Death Proof, which he thought was "Awesome!") but the posting is going to be spotty for a while.

I'm finally doing Nanowrimo, National Novel Writing Month, this year. It's something I've had in the back of my head since I started this blog, and I think I've improved my writing work ethic here: almost daily, even if it's shite, just to get something going. The point of the Nanowrimo is more quantity than obsessing over quality, and that's what I need to do to get the ball rolling. I think I have a pretty good idea, and the rudiments of a plot, so I just need to grind out at least a rough draft, to see if it goes anywhere.

So, I'm not going to be here every day for at least a month. I'll probably do some more toy comics, because I do enjoy making those; and even though I say I'll be out, I'll cave and have to do a post about Starriors or some damn thing. Thanks for coming by, and I'll see you soon.

Oh, and the novel? Survival action-horror. And, I say this as a challenge, it would be completely unfilmable as a movie. Couldn't be done. At least, not in America. Gotta go, though: I need about 2000 words to stay on pace...

No comments: