Monday, December 29, 2008

Timing, part thirteen.



We're probably going to go back to maybe a once or twice a week schedule, at least for the regular strips, since I'm rapidly burning through my backlog. Also, a strip or two back, Kurt randomly changed back from his Ultimate version to the regular one; and I didn't notice. Oops.

Kang is a favorite villain of mine, since he appeared in one of the first Avengers comics I ever read; and I loved Kurt Busiek's use of him in both Avengers and Avengers Forever. Kang had a figure in a Fantastic Four line a couple years back, but was virtually impossible to find: with the shelves clogged with prior FF movie toys, the wave fans seemingly actually wanted with Dragon Man, a new Invisible Woman, and Kang, was severely under-ordered. And the Dragon Man looked sweet, too. I think this Kang, from the Walmart Ares wave, is a new sculpt; but nobody seems to have both to compare...

I think I've grown accustomed to the new Sarah Connors, since the hair on the McFarlane Movie Masters Terminator 2 figure seemed far too light to me. I did have another joke for Sarah there that's maybe still forthcoming...

2 comments:

SallyP said...

I can't help it, these are so so much more entertaining than the real books.

Christian Zamora said...

I have to agree with Sally. This time/space gimmick deal is great. You should bring Booster Gold to the fold, though :P