Friday, February 13, 2009

Your Happenstance panel for today:

I feel like J'onn there, 90% of the time.
From Justice League International #18, "Where No League has Gone Before!" Plot and breakdowns by Keith Giffen, dialogue by J.M. DeMatteis, art by Kevin Maguire and Al Gordon. Man, Lobo seems way too thin in those first appearances. And slightly cleaner, somehow.

Still working on a longer post on an apparently completely forgotten series from the 90's. It'll be done later today, since yesterday I lucked into a bunch of quarter books to replace ones I've lost over the years, like the 80's Alpha Flight and X-Factor #1's. So, I've spent my time reading comics instead of blogging. The nerve!

But, I did find a couple books for a giveaway some time later. I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Sea-of-Green said...

See? G'nort isn't as stupid as most people think!

SallyP said...

Gosh, I miss these.

Nick and Justin said...

I grew up on the roided out bisley-style Lobo, but I enjoy the character a lot more in the older stuff. The issue of Superman where a drunken Lobo shows up at the fortress of Solitude and kicks the crap out of Supes is one of my favorite single issues of all time.