Tuesday, June 09, 2009

A Motivational Speech, from Outlaw Kid #12:

(Reprinted in Outlaw Kid #29, "In the Claws of Bounty-Hawk!" Written by Mike Friedrich, pencils by Dick Ayers, inks by Jack Abel.)


Swamped today. Be back soon!


Oh, all right: if you're at all curious about old western comics...go with DC. I admit I tend to favor Marvel, but their western books are G-rated cookie cutters; and even I can barely tell the Rawhide Kid from the Outlaw Kid from the Two-Gun Kid. Retroactively, one was gay, one went to the future with the Avengers once or twice, and one...I don't know, let's say...shot the guy that shot the guy that shot Liberty Valance. Bat Lash and Jonah Hex are way cooler. And even Bat had a higher body count...

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Yeah, Marvel Westerns are a bit on the dull side. Whereas it is pretty much impossible to consider Jonah Hex dull.

googum said...

No lie. I had a couple of the late 90's or so Marvel Westerns...I want to see John Ostrander wrote 'em, and they weren't bad, but I believe those were lost in a flood a few years back.