Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Deadjunk."


So, even though he would be on the same work-for-parole program as the rest of the Suicide Squad; for our purposes the Penguin would be in charge of the team. Mainly since Amanda Waller would be waaaaay too smart to get anywhere near that trainwreck with Deadpool on it, no matter who ordered it. (And we don't have figures for Amanda, Rick Flag, Bronze Tiger, and so on down the chain of command!)

I don't have the classic Suicide Squad issues featuring the Penguin, but I think Ostrander was one of the first to get Oswald away from his tired gimmick crimes, and play up his nature as a planner and schemer. Penguin's problem is, he's very smart. He's definitely smart enough to outsmart most opponents...but most doesn't include Batman.

Confession: I usually have an idea where these strips are going, but I've been busy with other work, so I have no clue. I don't know if I've written myself into a corner yet, but we'll see. New one next Wednesday!


1 comment:

SallyP said...

I am so rooting for Capt. Cold and Penguin in this.