Friday, March 26, 2010

Don't we have a remote for this stupid thing?


I like this page, from Excalibur #102, "After the Bomb" Written by Warren Ellis, pencils by Casey Jones, inks by Rob Haynes. Previously, the Excalibur team missed out on the Onslaught crossover since their planes were all broken; and now they wonder if they could have helped. (So Excalibur could've maybe saved us from Heroes Reborn and failed. That sucks...) That's as good an excuse to get out of a crossover as any; and beats the hell out of the old standard where the Fantastic Four/Avengers/anyone else helpful is conveniently out of town at the time. I wouldn't mind seeing the FF claiming their Pogo Plane was broken mid-crossover.

This was the second-to-last issue for Warren Ellis, so a few things are wrapping up, Pete Wisdom eats breakfast, and Kitty Pryde pummels a few guys good and bloody. All this before everyone bags off to the pub. Seriously. I'm underselling it, I quite like this one...

I was hoping to start a strip last night, but I'm really tired. Also, my Deadpool figure was in the couch and I had to look forever for it. It'll keep. But, I do have another short one up at Articulated Discussion! Check it out, and have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Wes Grogan said...

I ate, drank, and slept Excalibur when I was younger. Loved their take on the whole mutant thing. It got kind of shaky at the end, but it was great while it lasted.