Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Since I'd love this, it'd never happen.

Walk with me on this one, since we have to hit a few links.

MWC had a recent review of the Righteous Bison raygun, and included a link to WETA's Dr. Grordbort's Infallible Aether Oscillators site. While they've been making these for a few years, if you haven't seen these, you're not alone, since they're pretty high-end: models of old-school styled (with a little steampunk thrown in) rayguns of baroque and elaborate design, with quaint names like the ManMelter 3600 ZX or the Unnatural Selector. They look crazy fun, but they're not really toys, are usually limited editions, and can cost more than I spend on action figures for a year: I'm probably never going to have one.

But then I thought, you know what would be great, and maybe possibly affordable? A Dr. Grordobort's accessory pack! Action figure sized versions of all those great guns! (Since it's my idea, I say Marvel Legends/DC Universe Classics scale, not G.I. Joe sized or 12-inch!) Now the Punisher could use a F.M.O.M. Industries Wave Disrupter Gun or Batman could fight aliens with Goliathon 83 Infinity Beam Projector!

Unfortunately, since WETA doesn't half-ass anything, even if they did this, the accessory pack would be made with spun glass, hand-gilded platinum, and actual filaments. It would still be spendy, is what I'm getting at.

1 comment:

Jon the action figure buff said...

There's no way I'd pay $700 for the ManMelter.

Nice pic btw.