Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Cobra Widow."


As usual, click to enlarge!


I do have to apologize for the bases visible in this one: I have a lot less trouble keeping bigger figures standing for pictures. I seem to recall Destro being a problem there, but most of the Neo-Vipers stood like champs. The Cobra branding is surprisingly low key on them, so they'll make a good, all-purpose batch of evil thug minions. I ended up with eight of them, paying $12.32 for 'em: not bad at all, since I think they retailed for $6.99 ever since...however long it's been since they came out for G.I. Joe: the Rise of Cobra.

I finally saw that a couple weeks back, and...I don't know if it was as bad as Transformers 2, but it wasn't great. Seriously, it doesn't seem like it should be rocket science to make a decent movie out of those, and yet here we are.

Wolverine isn't my first choice for an Avengers roster...hoo, boy, he's probably behind Hellcat and Triathlon. To be fair, that's not really Wolvie's fault: I just haven't cared for a lot of Avengers stories with him in them. And if I wanted to read Wolverine stories, I could read about two dozen other books: in my Avengers, I want to see USAgent and Quasar and Yellowjacket and Quicksilver and Tigra...yeah, that list could just keep going.

I'm OK with Spider-Man as an Avenger, though. Yeah, that I don't mind at all. Hmm.

At any rate, I don't necessarily plan to do a lot of strips with three-and-three-quarter inch figures, but every so often. For more, check out a favorite of mine: Ages 25 & Up! His hundredth strip is coming up, and I'm looking forward to it!

2 comments:

SirDragonBane said...

Great one, googs! Chick fights are always good. ;P

Yeah I get what you mean about the 3.75 inchers being brats when it comes to standing most times. They are the perfect size for doing mass character comics like that though.

Just gotta love it! (Your comic, I mean) ;)

Sleestak said...

Bases or "Flying Assault Platforms"?