Monday, August 15, 2011

This is why my figurehead is a fluffy bunny:


Another one from the quarter bins...rather, a drawer at a used bookstore in Kalispell, MT. Somehow, I got talked out of fifty cents for Worlds Unknown #7, featuring the Golden Voyage of Sinbad. Yeah, based on the Ray Harryhausen film. (Well, that's not quite accurate: Harryhausen didn't direct this one, but even so.) I don't think I saw Golden Voyage until fairly recently; as opposed to Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger, which I've seen many a time.

The cover copy proclaims "Sword versus Sorcery--in the epic tradition of Conan!" That's a blurb that I would've sworn Marvel would use many a time (although I suspected they used it for Gulliver Jones) for books like Kull or John Carter, Warlord of Mars. Of course, after thirty seconds of looking, I didn't see any covers with it, so maybe it was just the house ads.

I've been working on something--a little craft project--so I haven't read a lot of comics lately. Going to have to do something about that.

No comments: