Wednesday, March 07, 2012

"Keep Hope Alive."







Of course, the first thing I think of when I think "Keep Hope Alive" is the classic from the Crystal Method. I was just thinking I hadn't listened to that album in forever, but most of the hook of that one is lodged in the old PS2 game Motor Mayhem, a surprisingly fun little vehicle based shooter.

Still don't like Hope Summers, of course; but doing this one I realized I still like Rachel Grey--formerly Summers. When she returned to the X-Men for Claremont's last stretch on the book, seeing her 'dad' Cyclops with the White Queen prompted Rachel to take the Marvel Girl codename and change her last name to her mom's. To the best of my recollection, she didn't seem hurt, just disappointed in Scott; but hated Emma. It was pretty endearing, really. (To be fair to Scott, for a change, he probably shouldn't have to give too much thought to what his daughter from another timeline thinks of him.)

To emulate Nightcrawler's death in Second Coming, we used the killing glove from the DCUC Darkseid. Since I have that piece, not the whole Collect-and-Connect...the "Cable small arms" piece we've used before: from the pre-ML Toy Biz Spider-Man 2099 figure. I really like it, even if I still don't know why they included it with him.

More later today!

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Killing off Kurt, to save...Her?

Arrgghh!

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

nice one again goo-goo-cachoo!