Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Secret X-Force."











The only thing that could've made this more awkward for Logan and Steve would've been if they had also run into Spider-Man with the Fantastic Four. But then, Spidey's membership there isn't a secret, and the FF doesn't usually go in guns blazing, either.

While it bugged me the other day that the new Steve Rogers Marvel Legend towers over my default Cap from series 1; I like having both of them. It's like having the option for sentinel of liberty, upstanding role model superhero Cap; and black-ops secret mission Steve. Sometimes, Steve has to take off the uniform to do things...well, maybe. Maybe 'grey-ops' would be a better way to put it, since even out of uniform he's still Cap, and even if he has to shoot bad guys sometimes, I don't see him going in like Wolvie or Deadpool.

I am currently reading Uncanny X-Force at least occasionally. It hasn't quite blown my socks off yet, although it has moments I enjoy. I also don't really care about Fantomex, even though I'll be buying his figure at some point, and kind of know how I'll be writing him for more X-Force bits. But that and the odd issue of Deadpool are the only Marvel books I'm buying new: both Legion of Monsters and Warren Ellis's Secret Avengers run wrapped, so that's two less...

4 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Still funny even though I knew the what the punchline was going be. Like you, I can't believe marvel hasn't already jumped/spoofed/mentioned this very topic yet.

SallyP said...

This...is a hoot. And now I don't even have to read the comics!

Tom juegos de vestir said...

Wooow great collection of marvel i like

Meg - juegos gratis said...

That great and amazing your collection! I have only some of the characters in X-Men!