Thursday, April 26, 2012

80-Page Thursdays: Dark Horse Presents #7!



80-Page Thursdays is probably going to continue for a while, since it looks like I'll be guaranteed at least one a month for the foreseeable future, with Dark Horse Presents! With the addition of Mike Mignola's Hellboy and B.P.R.D. and with Evan Dorkin and the return of Nexus coming up, I'm in.

Issue #7 features a Hellboy feature set in Mexico, 1956; when HB spent several months drunk as a lemur. And still fighting monsters. Andi Watson's Skeleton Key and Carla Speed McNeil's Finder deliver another two solid chapters, and Stan Sakai brings an good Usagi Yojimbo short.

Brandon Graham's "The Speaker" is interesting, but not the coolest thing I've seen from him. Ditto Neal Adam's "Blood" and Howard Chaykin's "Marked Man," both of which continue. I missed a couple chapters of those, but am still not sold on them. We'll see if I come around on the next issue!

No comments: