Thursday, January 15, 2015

I'm enjoying the show more than this series; but that could just be me.


As usual, when the Comic Book Shop puts a whole series in the dollar bin, I'm pretty much obliged to pick it up. Like today's book! Hellblazer Special: Bad Blood, written by Jamie Delano, art by Phillip Bond. It took me a bit to find any bits I could scan without swears...


Set in 2025, John Constantine is still alive, and gets involved in a royal scandal...that doesn't do much for me, since even though I enjoy the hell out of the usual British pop culture nonsense like Dr. Who, Judge Dredd, and Monty Python, I have barely a nodding acquaintance with the politics of Britain and their royal family. Some Brits...like the monarchy, some don't? Ah, I don't know. And so I can't tell how much of this is supposed to be jokes, and how much is supposed to be pointed commentary. (Like how quickly monarchists would turn if their heir apparent wasn't lily white...) So this wasn't my cup of tea, as it were, but hey! Phillip Bond art! Always worth flipping through.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Oh yeah, I rememeber this one. Hey you can never go wrong with Philip Bond art. I don't think we get to see enough of his work because he doesn't really do a lot of mainstream work.
Shame really.