Friday, March 17, 2017

Admittedly, I do seem to be trying to "Accumulate Them All!"


"Ocean Powers Collection" ad by Gregg Schigiel, from the most recent issue of SpongeBob Comics, #66. May have to upload that cover later...

I never had any Super Powers figures as a kid: I had Superman, Batman, and Robin Mego figures, as well as Star Trek, then Star Wars figures through Empire; then nothing for a few years. Still making up for lost time here...I do remember seeing a Super Powers Green Lantern for sooooo cheap in a Kay-Bee Toys a couple decades back, and stupidly didn't buy one, even if the squirting power ring probably wouldn't have fit even my dainty fingers. And I do have a Super Powers Batmobile, now that I think of it...

Still, DC Universe Classics and the Four Horsemen paid a long tribute to Super Powers, revamping them all. Which is why you got the occasional oddball like Golden Pharaoh or Cyclotron. I've been missing my DCUC figures lately, though; even if I'd need another detolf to display them properly. Something to keep in mind, then; but have a good weekend!

No comments: