Monday, June 05, 2017

The goal was more than I could carry, and it was close!

A pretty fun haul at the Lilac City Comicon this year! I did not make a great deal of headway on my bingo cards, although I did get a few Flash back issues, and this little number that I saw and posted on Twitter last week: a Bill Sienkiewicz cover for 1986's Elvira's House of Mystery #7!

(Aside: Adam Strange's classic look there, would've been far out of fashion in the 80's, and I had the feeling this might've been his only cover appearance for some time. Quick check: Adam was in 1985's DC Comics Presents #82.)

I didn't get as many back issues this year, though; because a store from a couple towns over was closing, and had a ton of recent books for a dollar an issue. Although I did get a lot of recent Star Wars, mostly I went with DC books there--I'm surprised too! Finished up Sixpack & Dogwelder: Hard Travellin' Heroz, picked up most of Flintstones and Future Quest, and a lot of recent Batman. And we got a few last issues and a couple 80-pagers that will turn up later. Now, I still have to hit up my comic shop for a couple missing pieces...


1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Huh, that Elvira issue sure looks good cover-wise like you say. Clever too.
Wonder how the inside reads.....