Thursday, September 07, 2017

80-Page Thursdays: Justice League Quarterly #4!


We've looked at a lot of issues from this series, and I just picked up several of them that I'm not sure I'd read before. Or maybe they weren't that good, and I just didn't remember? Let's see! From 1991, Justice League Quarterly #4, with stories by Will Jacobs and J.M. DeMatteis, and art by Darick Robertson, Marshall Rogers, Jason Pearson, and more. And then I wrote this up, forgot to do any scans, and blogged most of the other issues already!

This one opens with an Injustice League story, as the increasingly sad team tries to rob a cult leader, without losing their recent "good guy" status. It goes about as well as you would expect! Likewise, Ice's date with Guy Gardner is a disaster, although in a twist it's not Guy that wrecks things, but Ice! Or rather, Ice possessed by a demon. That story features a couple supporting characters from the 1988-92 Dr. Fate series, for whatever reason.

Lastly, we get a series of strips with Marshall Rogers art!...for stories about Power Girl's cat. A crime syndicate had implanted the cat with a bug, in the hopes of getting information from the JLE's embassy to sell; and instead didn't even get any funny cat videos out of the deal. I don't know if these three-page strips were originally intended to run somewhere else, but they were burned off here.

I'm pretty sure I've read it, even if I haven't blogged it, but JLQ #1 may be the only issue of the series besides #3 that's a single story throughout, and that's what I prefer for this! I need to find a new copy of that, but I still have some other ones to blog over the course of the year, that are probably as blah as this one.

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Wow, they really wasted the late Marshall Rogers' like that? And all for a dumb cat story? wow....

SallyP said...

Awwww...I actually love this issue. How can you not like Peej's cat? Or Guy being his usual jerkish self?